I've been such a bad blogger lately, I am having a hard time getting back in the habit and have just been on Instagram instead. Which is kind of like the new blogging, right? Anyway, I just wanted to leave a quick note to say hello, and that I miss you all. We had an amazing trip to Amsterdam and I have plenty of photos to show and gushing to do. But I have been in serious Danish bootcamp since we got back, in preparation for my final exams that start next month. Mark and I are trying to only speak Danish together and I'm spending my spare moments in the library instead of looking at pretty things on the internet. So now my head is swimming with all these funny words which doesn't leave room for much else. But here are some things that have sneaked in there, between all the æ's and ø's, that I like.
1. The perfect shade of pink lipstick, as recommended by Angela. She has the best taste, as evidenced by the sweet package she sent me last week. I will have to show you some of the goodies I got. Thanks again, lady!
2. Another lady I am lucky to know, Lissa, who sews up the most amazing creations. And still found time to take Mark out in Montreal! This dark side of the moon dress makes me anxious to finally, finally get a sewing machine and make some things. I'm so embarrassed that I still haven't used the Wiksten Tova pattern she have me for the Christmas before last. Summer dress, maybe?
3. I am loving the new season of Mad Men. I wasn't totally sold at first, but a few seasons in and it is as great as ever. The characters, the clothes. Also, Don's new place? So groovy. I really liked Miss Moss' Zoo be zoo be zoo post.
4. I am in love with the new silk scarves by Fieldguided. Actually I love most everything Anabela and Geoff make, also this reflective bike collar which I really want to replicate. You know, with that non-existent sewing machine I keep talking about.
5. We started getting fruits and veggies from our food co-op again and I am really excited about all things in season right now. I'm also just excited to start cooking again, since I pretty much lived off ramen while Mark was away. I made this asparagus and leek quiche the other night (Martha's pie crust recipe is da bomb) and this rhubarb and strawberry custard looks like something I need to eat really quite soon.
6. The apartment we rented in Amsterdam was filled with plants and since we got back I've been feeling like our place really needs some. Since we don't have much room, I'm thinking of making some hanging plants. I bought some pink rope, now I just have to find some plants. Cat + plant lady, here I come.